The system offers significant benefits for IC manufacturers and design companies that want to extend the design and manufacturing capabilities of their business. The benefits include:
- Lithography at advanced technology nodes, 40 nm, 28 nm, 20 nm and beyond
- Significant throughput performance on 300mm wafers
- No masks are required, saving the cost of (immersion) masks
- Electron beam lithography can be integrated in a standard CMOS flow in existing fabs
- Electron beam technology is specifically suited for printing 2D, random structures (i.e. contact, via layers and cutting patterns).
- Significant reduction of investment risk and financial hurdle
- A faster time-to-market for new designs